Can you give me information on how Michigan's Gas Customer Choice Program works?
We sure can.
1. Your natural gas service consists of two main functions: 1) purchasing the gas and 2) distributing the gas.
2. Your gas utility will continue to distribute gas to your location, send you your bill, check for gas leaks and respond to emergencies.
3. But for purchasing the gas, YOU HAVE A CHOICE! Compare rates and plan options with Grand Rapids Energy®.
4. It’s that simple. Michigan's Gas Customer Choice program gives customers the choice to purchase natural gas from alternative gas suppliers other than their local utility company. Grand Rapids Energy® is a Michigan Public Services Commission-licensed alternative gas supplier that you may select for your natural gas needs in DTE or Consumers utility territories. Would you like price stability? GRE offers various fixed plans to meet your needs. Should you choose GRE as your alternative gas supplier, your local utility company in all cases will still maintain distribution channels that deliver gas to your home.
Who is Grand Rapids Energy?
Grand Rapids Energy is part of the SouthStar Energy Services® family, a preeminent retail natural gas marketing company licensed in multiple states. SouthStar Energy Services combines the expertise and assets of a national supplier with the local market knowledge of a regional supplier and has the financial and structural resources needed to provide reliable and cost-effective natural gas.
For more than 20 years, SouthStar has built on the expertise of its parent company, Southern Company Gas. A history of solid financial performance and stability, as well as sophisticated in-house financial trading and risk management, has placed SouthStar in a position of leadership.
Why should I select Grand Rapids Energy as my alternative gas supplier?
If you choose one of our fixed plans and lock in your natural gas price for the next 6 or 12 months with GRE you can avoid the potential for price spikes and fluctuations.
Here are three more great reasons to choose GRE:
1. We provide options.
GRE offers fixed plans and variable plans designed to suit your needs. Find the one that's right for you.
2. We care about our customers.
Our exceptional customer service is at the ready. Call 1.800.841.1541 to speak with one of our representatives.
3. We offer outstanding perks.
Will anything about my gas bill change?
You will continue to receive one bill from your local gas utility company. The only change you will see on your bill is GRE supplying the gas commodity charges. Gas delivery charges will still originate from your local gas utility company. You will continue to make one payment to your utility company.
How can I enroll with Grand Rapids Energy?
That’s our favorite question. Enrolling is a simple process. Have a copy of your latest gas bill and call our Customer Care Center toll-free at 1.800.841.1541, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, to enroll. You can also enroll online.
Additional questions? Click here to view our terms and conditions or call 1.800.841.1541 to speak with one of our customer service representatives.